Participation of People experiencing Poverty (PeP) support officer based in Brussels
Temporary part time role
EAPN is looking to work with an experienced and enthusiastic individual, ideally with experience of working with people experiencing poverty in different countries and contexts, and of participatory methods of working. We have an opening for 3 months (mid-August until late-November) to provide capacity support on the organization of the EAPN PeP meeting and the background work which needs to take place at the national level in advance. This role will be for 2-3 days a week, depending on start date, the candidate and available resources.
For details about our work with people experiencing poverty, see here and here
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support the organization of the PeP meeting, working closely with the Director, the Development Officer and other members of the EAPN team.
- Support the national level preparatory work for the PeP meeting.
Supporting to organization of the PeP meeting
- Working with the relevant national coordinators, finalise the programme and methodology of the PeP meeting.
- Work with the Communications Team to plan and implement a strong ‘visibility action’ during the PeP meeting.
- Liaise with Destree, an external company organizing the logistics of the PeP meeting.
- Work with the rapporteur to organize teams of note takers for different sessions of the PeP meeting.
Supporting the national level preparatory work
- Act as a resource person for our national PeP coordinators, both proactively organizing work and responding to queries.
- Proactively support various sub-committees of national coordinators.
- Ensure that national coordinators have the clarity and the resources necessary to undertake meaningful preparatory work in advance of the PeP meeting.
- Write notes of various meetings and discussions, ensuring prompt follow up of decisions and action points.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the Director.
Please send a 1 page cover letter and CV to email@example.com by midnight, 6 August. Please highlight where you heard about the role. Interviews will be held on 10 and 11 August, with an aim for the selected candidate to start as soon as possible.
For more information please read the term of reference below