Among the 130 participants were national delegations of EAPN members from 32 countries, representatives from civil society and trade unions, and volunteer groups. As in previous years, the PEP Meeting was a unique opportunity to share their stories of hardship and hope with one another, and with EU decision-makers including:
- Dragoș Pîslaru, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe Group
- Katarina Ivanković-Knežević, Director for Social Affairs, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
- Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Saila Ruuth, State Secretary, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Pierfrancesco Majorino, Member of the European Parliament, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
We call upon the EU Institutions and national governments to show strong commitment to the fight and end poverty.