Could you be the Interim Director of EAPN?
Do you want to lead efforts to create a Europe free of poverty and social exclusion?! Then this role may be for you! The European Anti-Poverty Network is the biggest European network of national, regional and local networks, involving anti-poverty NGOs and grassroot groups as well as European Organisations, active in the fight against poverty and social exclusion! EAPN has 32 national networks, and 13 European organisation members. EAPN’s goal is a sustainable Europe free of poverty and social exclusion, with high levels of equality, where political, social, cultural and economic rights are respected”
EAPN is recruiting an experienced, strategic Interim Director to lead the delivery on our Strategic Priorities around policy (with a focus on social protection), participation and building public support. This person will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the annual work programme, the management of the Secretariat of EAPN, relations with key stakeholders, and EAPN’s advocacy strategy.
We are looking for someone committed to the vision, mission and values of EAPN, for someone who knows EAPN and our members well. We’re looking for someone with experience leadership and management in a European membership based political or advocacy NGO, with a natural talent for communicating with colleagues from different cultures and working styles, for getting the best out of a team, and for establishing trust with colleagues, members, and external stakeholders.
We believe in in gender equality, and in respect for cultural and religious diversity and non-discrimination on the grounds of sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or social origin. As such, women, people of colour and from ethnic minority groups, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQI community and people coming from marginalized groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Please read these instructions and the role profile and qualifications carefully before you apply.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and cover letter (maximum 2 pages) to the European Anti-Poverty Network, to Sigrid Dahmen <firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should explain your motivation and your alignment with the role, and address the role requirements point by point and in detail, to help us identify the skills, knowledge and experience you have to be able to do the job effectively.
- As we often receive many applications from experienced and qualified candidates, we will give priority to those who can demonstrate that they the essential criteria listed. We know you are busy, and we appreciate you taking the time to apply! Applications not respecting the instructions will not be considered.
- Please include in the e-mail subject line: “Application for EAPN Interim Director, YOUR NAME”
- Closing date for applications is 20 July 2020 at 09 00 CET.
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held in Brussels during the week of 31 August. The ideal candidate should be able to start in early December 2020, to ensure a handover with the outgoing Director.