15/11 – European Parliament Information Office Ireland and European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland Free Seminar on 40 years of Ireland and Social Europe, Looking back and looking forward.Details
- No progress on the posting of workers directive. Still no agreement on this important Directive that would try to ensure a basic package of social rights to workers posted abroad within the internal market.
- Youth Guarantee: there was a review of progress, and a request to all MS to work quickly to spend the 6 million allocated including through ESF underspend.
- Declaration of the European Alliance for Apprenticeships launched in July.
- First debate on the Commission’s Communication on the Social Dimension of the EMU – cautious welcome, underlining the importance of coherence of fiscal, economic and social policies, with a first step in the establishment of the social scoreboard and new social indicators in the MIP, Alter procedure. However the Council rejected any automatic trigger of Recommendations if thresholds were breached. A further discussion will take place in the December Council.
- Evaluation of the 2013 European Semester (including NRPs and CSRs). Concerns still about the short timescale, and confirming the need to involve social partners, and to confirm the key role of the EPSCO in any discussions/ recommendations which have an impact on employment or social policy.
Watch Contra la Pobreza (“Against Poverty”)! http://vimeo.com/77056494 13/11 – EAPN Spain 2013 Seminar ‘Nuestra tarea ante el cambio de escenario y de modelo social’, (‘Our task in the social-model change’) 06/11 – Strategy for the most vulnerable 23/10 – Training on Innovation in social participation 22/10 – State Pact against Child Poverty 24/10 – EAPN Balearic…Details
- Watch Contra la Pobreza (“Against Poverty”)! http://vimeo.com/77056494
- 13/11 – EAPN Spain 2013 Seminar ‘Nuestra tarea ante el cambio de escenario y de modelo social’, (‘Our task in the social-model change’)
- 06/11 – Strategy for the most vulnerable
- 23/10 – Training on Innovation in social participation
- 22/10 – State Pact against Child Poverty
- 24/10 – EAPN Balearic Islands holds key event on child poverty and child well-being
07/10 – Sian Jones, EAPN Policy coordinator, intervened in Whither the Social Europe? 2nd NEUJOBS ‘brainstorming’ workshop at CEPS in Brussels, on the results of key research results from the NEUJOBs project funded through FP7. Key themes discussed included social Europe in the aftermath of the crisis, social services of general interest, emerging social dilemmas and longer term challenges.Details
Contra la Pobreza (“Against Poverty”) is a short spot that brings us closer to the reality of poverty and social exclusion. Giving visibility to the structural aspects of poverty and exclusion within our system, it questions directly the audience, inviting them to confront their own prejudices and realise that poverty is a series of circumstances…Details
Contra la Pobreza (“Against Poverty”) is a spot that brings us closer to the reality of poverty and social exclusion http://vimeo.com/77056494
EAPN participates in Human Inner Design Conference: Shaping a new role for European Citizens and Institutions in Time of Change
06/11 – EAPN participated in a foreward-looking conference in the European Parliament, organized by Fondazione Patrizio Paoletti together with the Learning for Well-Being Alliance and Eurochild. The conference aimed to identify new opportunities to promote learning for well being for children and adults: a better understanding of how people work (their interior world) and to promote a change in education/training systems to encourage new skills which can help people to better manage change, create pro-active and pro-social attitudes.Details
Download here the latest edition of the Policy Briefing: PDF