From 14 to 15 November, EAPN Europe and EAPN Spain will host the 21st edition of the European Meeting of People Experiencing Poverty (PeP), “The Unbearable Cost of Living | EU Elections Edition” in CaixaForum Madrid, in Spain.
21st European Meeting of People Experiencing Poverty (PeP)
The unbearable cost of living | EU Elections Edition
14-15 November 2023
CaixaForum Madrid, P.º del Prado, 36., Spain
DAY 1 – Tuesday, 14 November 2023
09.00 – 09.30 | Registration and Badge Collection
Ready, set, go… Welcome to #PEP2023!
9.30 – 10.30 PeP2023 Inauguration
- Mari Fe Torres Román | EAPN Spain Delegation
- Karine Lalieux | Belgian Minister of Pensions and Social Integration (video)
- Olivier De Schutter | UN Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights (online)
- Marc Simón | “la Caixa” Foundation Assistant General Manager
- Carlos Susías | EAPN Spain & EAPN Europe President
10.30 – 11.15 | Mobilisation for Change: Inspiration from the Past to the Future
People’s Power: Building the Ground for the Upcoming EU Elections in June 2024
11.15 – 11.40 | Energising Break: Coffee and Networking
11.40 – 13.00 | Workshop Session I: Addressing Critical Issues and Policy Demands
13.00 – 14.15 | Lunch Break: Refuel and Connect
14.15 – 15.15 | Workshop Session II: Mobilising for Change at National Levels
15.15 – 15.45 | Networking Break: Coffee and Conversations
15.45 – 17.00 | Workshop Session III: Crafting Collective Vision and Key Demands
17.00 – 19.00 | Visibility Action @ Plaza del Museo Reina Soía
Each year, the EU PeP Meeting aims to amplify the voices of people experiencing poverty. EAPN brought this year’s delegates around Madrid to connect with the wider audience and raise awareness of poverty and social exclusion in Europe.
19.30 – 22.00 | Social dinner: Celebrate and Connect
DAY 2 – Wednesday, 15 November 2023
09.30 – 10.00 | Arrival of Participants & Welcoming Coffee
10.00 – 12.25 | Transforming Demands into Commitment
Dialogue between People Experiencing Poverty and Policymakers.
- 5 Workshop Rapporteurs
- Monica Semedo | Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe Group
- José Gusmão | Member of the European Parliament, Left Group & Vice-Chair of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- João Albuquerque | Member of the European Parliament, S&D Group
- Jiří Švarc | European Commission, Head of Unit of Social Policies, Child Guarantee & Social Protection Committee
12.25 – 12.45 | Reflection on Our Journey
Collective evaluation of the 21st EU PeP Meeting
12.45 – 13.00 | Closing Remarks and Future Steps
- Daniel Gimeno| EAPN Spain Bureau
- Juliana Wahlgren | EAPN Europe Director
END OF THE PROGRAMME
For further information
For further information on the meeting, contact Sheila Góis Habib (Policy Officer), email@example.com, or on registration/practicalities, contact Sigrid Dahmen (Office Manager), firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will have interpretation in English, Spanish and French.
You can attend the meeting live in Madrid or online via livestreaming.