01/03/2015 – DRIVERS (2012-2015) was a three-year research project funded by the 7th Framework Programme which aims to understand and promote health equity through policy and practice in early childhood development, employment & working conditions, and income & social protection. EAPN was amongst the 7 partners to the Project let by EuroHealthNet.
- Final Scientific Report : The role of income and social protection for inequalities in health, evidence and policy implications (Feb 2014)
- Drivers’ Policy Briefs
- Early Child Development – Universal, quality early childhood programmes that are responsive to need promote better and more equal outcomes in childhood and later life.
- Fair Employment – Improvements in quality of work, particularly for people in lower occupational groups, would contribute to a significantly healthier and more productive Europe.
- Income & Social Protection – Well-designed social protection systems can improve the lives of people and reduce health inequalities.
- Drivers’ Final Recommendations – Improving health equity through action across the life course (2015)
- FINAL CASE STUDY REPORT: Report on income and social protection for the EU Drivers Project: Synthesis of case study evidence compiled by European Anti-Poverty Network (Feb 2015)
EAPN´s National organisations in Hungary, Sweden, UK (Scotland), Poland and Portugal will bring the experience of their own anti-poverty work on the ground and their lobbying work at National level to help frame and inform the research on Income, Welfare and Social Protection.
They carried out case studies testing the policy implications under the Income & Social Protection pillar. EAPN also disseminated the project outcomes and contributed to the advocacy work package.
EAPN Staff involved:
- Fintan FARRELL: Project and Fundraising Manager
- Sian JONES: EAPN Policy Coordinator
- Tanya BASARAB: EAPN Development Officer
Staff members involved from the five EAPN national networks:
- Sandra ARAUJO: Director, EAPN Portugal
- Peter KELLY: Director, The Poverty Alliance (EAPN Scotland)
- Izabella MARTON: Director, Hungarian Anti-Poverty Network
- Sophia LOVGREN: Board Member, Secretary General of Swedish Single Parents’ Organisation, EAPN Sweden
- Kamila PŁOWIEC: Coordinator, Director, EAPN Poland, WRZOS – platform of social organisations