In this section, you will find different tool kits EAPN drafted in order to provide EU social NGOs useful information and ideas in different fields related to the fight against poverty and social exclusion.
Toolkit for EAPN members on engaging with the European Semester and the European Pillar of Social Rights
In April 2019, EAPN issued this Toolkit designed to help EAPN members engage with Europe 2020 and the European Semester (Country Reports, National Reform Programmes, Country-Specific Recommendations) and the European Pillar of Social Rights. It aims at providing brief, to-the-point information about the processes and the opportunities for engagement, by clarifying the key elements, timeline, and strategic actors of the process, as well as giving links and suggesting different ways of involvement.
Final case study report
In February 2015, As part of the ‘DRIVERS for Health Equity’ project, EAPN published a report and synthesis of case-study evidence on income and social protection, which is a joint EAPN and Centre for health Equity Studies (CHESS) work. Authored by Fiona McHardy with Olle Lundberg, this research undertook a case study approach exploring in a comparative country context, the impact of social protection system, both operations and provisions, on health inequality, in Hungary, Poland, UK, Sweden and Portugal. The publication also includes a very useful EAPN toolkit on how to develop focus groups (Annex 2 – Page 31).
Toolkit on structural funds for social NGOs
In May 2014, EAPN finalized its toolkit to support its National Networks to make use of the European Social Fund in their fight against poverty. Giving straight-to-the point information on how to proceed to influence and monitor partnership agreements and operational programmes, it also provides lists of useful contacts and a useful glossary of terms.
Toolkit on structural funds for social NGOs
At the end of 2012, EAPN published a toolkit for its national networks and for other social NGOs, to support their advocacy work and help them press their National Authorities to prioritise the new social targets of Europe 2020, and especially the poverty reduction target.
- Inclusion of Roma and Travellers in the EU: EAPN Briefing: This briefing note aims at highlighting the work of many EAPN members who work directly on issues of Roma Inclusion.
- Is the European project moving backwards?: EAPN’s latest report on the social impact of the crisis and of the recovery policies in 2010.
- EU Year 2010 – Contributing to Ending Poverty Amongst Migrants: Report of EAPN’s Conference on Migration & Poverty: Report of EAPN’s Conference on Migration & Poverty.
- Engaging with the NAP Inclusion 2008-11: This tool kit aims to provide useful information and ideas to support national EAPN networks in engaging with the National Reports on strategies for social protection and social inclusion (SPSI) and particularly the NAPs Inclusion at national level.
- Engaging with the NAP Inclusion and the National Reports on Social Protection and Social Inclusion 2006-8: Light Year (2007): This tool kit is designed to help EAPN national networks engage with this “light year process”, specifically targeting action around the NAP inclusion, both at national and EU level and to provide supporting information that will enable networks to contribute to the questionnaire which will form the basis of the EAPN EU Report on Social Inclusion and Poverty 2007.
- EAPN briefing on Juncker’s EU Investment Plan and the European Fund for Strategic Investment (EFSI) (July 2015)
- EAPN REPORT – Deliver Inclusive Growth – Put the heart back in Europe!
- Europe 2020 Strategy: EAPN Briefing note
- Summary in Spanish of the European Commission’s proposal for the Platform Against Poverty
Older toolkits for the Lisbon Strategy
- Engaging in the Lisbon National Reform Programmes – 2008-10: This tool kit is to help EAPN National Networks engage with the process this year, and to press for a stronger focus on social inclusion at all level. The tool kit gives all the quotes from key documents as well as some proposed EAPN demands, and good examples from different networks. It also gives you links to key documents and contacts.
- Engaging in the Lisbon National Reform Programmes 2007: This tool kit is designed to help national networks engage with the National Reform Programme (2006-8) of the revised Lisbon Strategy and provides specific information on the 2007 Implementation Report. It primarily focuses on the Employment guidelines but makes reference to the macro and micro elements.
- Structural Funds must be used to deliver the EU poverty reduction target
- EAPN Structural Funds manual
- EAPN guide on social inclusion indicators for structural funds: This guide aims to give more information on the type of social inclusion indicators that can be applied to structural funds. It will be of particular interest to NGOs sitting on the monitoring committees of the European Social Fund and European Regional Development Fund.