15/06/2016 – EAPN presents its assessment of the 2016 Country-Specific Recommendations (CSRs), released on 18 May 2016, and is based on inputs from National Networks and European Organisations in our membership. Members have assessed progress on Social Europe and delivery on the Europe 2020 Strategy targets on poverty reduction, employment and education. A detailed country-by-country analysis is also available.
The 6 Key Messages from the paper are:
- Poverty CSRs increased but lack coherence and integrated strategy
- Austerity still dominant rather than social investment and redistributive tax policy
- Adequacy of minimum income undermined by cuts to universal social protection
- Increased access to quality health, integrated services and housing but efficiency comes first
- Employment policy continues to be a numbers’ game with emphasis on the supply side
- Some progress on inclusive education, but no link to Europe 2020 targets