EAPN now launches the 1st edition of the EAPN AWARD for Transnational Inspiration and Learning in the Fight against Poverty and Social exclusion.
Transnational exchange is a prominent source of inspiration, bringing great added value to local, regional and national efforts to fight poverty and social exclusion.
The EAPN AWARD seeks to make visible the positive impact from transnational inspiration and learning and to recognize NGOs and Public Sector entities who have initiated new positive approaches to fighting poverty and social exclusion that foster direct participation of people living in poverty, resulting from such transnational work.
- The Award seeks to recognise both the entity taking the new initiative and the entity that provided the source of the inspiration.
- The transnational inspiration and learning may have happened in the EU area or more globally; one of the two entities must be EU-based though. The other one can be from outside the EU.
- This award intends to recognize initiatives facilitating grassroots cooperation. It is not aimed at projects funded from EU Programmes, but such projects are not excluded.
The ceremony for the first edition of the EAPN AWARD will happen in Brussels on 30 September 2013.
- Three pairs of NGOs will be recognized under the NGO category. The Award for the NGOs will consist of a symbolic award of 1500 Euro for the winning organisation that takes the new initiative and 1000 Euro for the organisation who provided the inspiration. Two runner-ups will receive 500 Euro for each of the NGOs taking the initiative and for each of the organisations who provided the inspiration.
- Three public-sector entities and the entities that inspired their activity/policy/approach will be awarded a certificate.
- All winning entries will be included in an EAPN publication, sharing the good practice of their initiatives and highlighting the value of transnational inspiration and learning. They will also be featured on the webpage dedicated to the Fund along with the other entries received (see below).
Deadline for submitting applications is 28 May 2013.
Read more and download the application form on http://www.eapn.eu/eapn-fund-s-biennial-prize-for-transnational-inspiration-and-learning-in-the-fight-against-poverty-and-social-exclusion-2