On the 7th of April, 2006, the constituent assembly of the Lithuanian National Anti Poverty network took place in Vilnius.
Over one hundred NGO representatives attended it and it was decided to establish a network in Lithuania. During the assembly the Statutes of the Network were adopted and nine members of the board elected.
The Lithuanian Anti Poverty network was officially registered and became a legal entity on the 15th of June, 2006.
On the 7th of October, 2006, during the EAPN General Assembly in Toledo (Spain), the Lithuanian National Anti Poverty Network became a member of this organisation.
Main objectives of the Lithuanian National Anti Poverty Network:
- To strengthen the institutional capacities of the Lithuanian NGOs and to develop the cooperation between the NGOs and the institutions of national and local governments, in order to reduce poverty and social inclusion in Lithuania;
- To contribute to the implementation of the activities of poverty and social inclusion reduction, passed by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
Functions of the Network:
- The aim – induce NGO and government’s cooperation in order to reduce poverty and social exclusion;
- To cooperate with Lithuania’s Government and Ministry of Social Security and Labor in order to implement strategic plans, programs and their actions effectively;
- To coordinate nongovernmental organizations’ activities in order to reduce poverty on local and national levels;
- To ensure proper monitoring of currently implemented activities.
Expectations of the membership:
- To contribute into the creation of the common European Anti Poverty policy, and to have a stronger support in the creation of the National policy;
- To establish strong partnership relations with the Networks of the other Member States and to share practical information about the development and strengthening of the National Anti Poverty Network, as the Lithuanian Network is newly established;
- To share the methodical material;
- To find partners for the implementation of national and international projects and other activities;
- Wider access to the funding and more information about calls for proposals.
Lithuanian National Anti Poverty Network
Odminiu g. 12, LT-01122 Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel.: +370 6 854 25 38
Fax: +370 5 212 60 45
List of members
At the moment the EAPN Lithuania unites 42 full members (see below, full list to come) and 226 organisations who have signed the agreement to establish the Network.
- Public organisation “Union of village communities of Vilkaviskis district”
- Association “Traku region Social initiative coalition”
- Taurage district women’s employment and information center
- Siauliu district healthy lifestyle club „Sviesuoliai“
- Fund “Sakiai community center”
- Welfare society for persons with mental disability “Vilniaus Viltis”
- SOS Children’s Villages Association of Lithuania
- Plunge district children care agency “Cyrulis”
- Panevezio district children’s day-care and employment centre
- Women’s issues information centre
- Marijampole district Women’s house-crisis centre
- Klaipeda district welfare society for persons with mental illnesses
- Klaipeda’s Parish Caritas of St. Mary The Queen Of Peace
- Association ”Ladys’ club “Par occasion”
- Anyksciu women’s employment and information centre
- Public organisation “Family Junction”
- Public organisation “Let’s give a smile”
- Alytus district women crisis centre
- The centre for information and support for large families
- Nongovernmental children garden “Nendre”
- Educational-cultural centre “Metide”
- Kaunas county union of social NGOs
- Public organisation “Rafaelis”
- Caritas Lithuania
- NGO information and support centre
- Kulautuva community centre
- Save the Children Lithuania
- Baltic charity foundation