The following list of proposed Country-Specific Recommendations has been prepared by EAPN National Networks and European Organisation members.
The Recommendations were developed during a reflection workshop of the EAPN EU Inclusion Strategies Group which took place in Brussels on the 4th May.
Open the full document EAPN shadow country specific and thematic recommendations.
EAPN initial Key Messages on NRP 2012
- Austerity policies are generating poverty and undermining an inclusive recovery.
- Poverty not a visible priority in the NRPs.
- Double punishment for Troika countries exempted from Europe 202O targets.
- Missed opportunity for social investment in quality jobs, social protection + integrated Active Inclusion.
- Little sign of increased Structural Funds use for poverty-reduction.
- No visible improvement on stakeholder engagement.
The participants assessed the effectiveness of the NRPs and NSRs in terms of promoting stakeholder participation, how far they contributed to the achievement of the poverty and other Europe 2020 social targets, through all policies – macro-economic, employment and social, supported by EU Structural Funds. A detailed assessment based on a common questionnaire/scoreboard, to befinalized in June.