12/04/2015 – EAPN has issued its Proposals regarding the new European Commission’s Integrated Guidelines in the economic and employment fields. This 6-page document summarises the new guidelines, their potential and shortfalls as well as a set of 7 recommendations:
1) Guidelines must deliver on Europe 2020 goals and targets,
2) Inclusive Investment means Social Investment,
3) Safeguard adequate social protection for social cohesion,
4) Support quality, sustainable jobs and integrated active inclusion,
5) Reinforce equitable, inclusive-growth friendly tax,
6) Replace fairness with guideline to combat poverty beyond employmen,
7) Ensure effective overnance through quality stakeholder engagement.
Other useful resources
- EAPN proposals for amendments on economic including recitals and employment guidelines
- Related Press release 12/06/2015 Will EPSCO Council press for policy coherence on Social Europe?