17/04/2015 – EAPN presents its 2015 assessment of the 2014 Country-Specific Recommendations (CSRs) based on inputs from 24 national networks and European Organisations, and makes new proposals for 2015 CSRs. EAPN wants the European Semester to deliver results on the Europe 2020 goals of inclusive and sustainable growth and to deliver on its target to reduce poverty by at least 20 million by 2020.
We have been engaging together with our members in the Semester at national and EU level to try to support this aim. Our key concern is that the CSRs in 2015 ensure a better balance between economic and social recommendations (CSRs) and that all policy recommendations contribute to poverty reduction and the Europe 2020 goals.
The 12 Key Messages from the report are:
- Balance economic / social CSRs and review social impact to avoid penalizing the poor.
- Require an integrated anti-poverty strategy and an effective poverty target.
- Invest in universal social protection and ensure adequacy of minimum income.
- Promote quality and sustainable jobs with decent wages.
- Tackle long-term unemployment by promoting inclusive labour markets, as part of integrated Active Inclusion approaches.
- Invest in social standards to ensure universal access to social and health services.
- Guarantee access to an affordable home for all!
- Invest in inclusive, comprehensive education, particularly for Roma.
- Tackle youth poverty and social exclusion as well as youth unemployment.
- Promote gender equality, work-life balance and invest in children.
- Reduce inequality and promote tax justice.
- Promote meaningful civil society engagement and ensure legitimacy.
Open EAPN’s assessment
Read the Annex: National Country Fiches