The European Commission Country Reports are published in a ‘Winter Package’. These reports are the key documents which form the basis of the Commission’s proposals for Country Specific Recommendations (CSRs) in May.
What does this package include?
- 27 Country Reports (for all Member States except Greece, which is subject to a stability support programme), including the In-Depth Reviews (IDRs) for 13 countries identified in the Alert Mechanism Report of last November
- a Chapeau Communication on the main findings and results of the Country Reports and IDRs
- a report on the implementation of the Fiscal Compact in national legal frameworks and an accompanying Communication “Fiscal Compact: Taking Stock”
- a report reviewing Italy’s compliance with the debt criterion under Article 126(3) of the Treaty
- a report and a proposal to the Council for a fine on Austria regarding statistical misrepresentation in Land Salzburg