- This event has passed.
EAPN annual Policy conference 5 July: Social Protection for All! How can the Social Pillar and SDGs build stronger welfare states?
July 5, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
EAPN’s annual conference will be on 5 July, 9:00-13:00, under the title Social Protection for All! How can the Social Pillar and SDGs build stronger welfare states?
The conference will be an opportunity to exchange together on the following questions:
- What is Social Protection for all?
- How can we ensure that all people, children, adults and older people get right to adequate and equal protection against all life risks?
- Do we need a new concept of ‘Welfare States’?
- How can this be achieved ensuring fairer redistribution?
It aims to:
- Present why social protection for all is key, including input from people experiencing poverty;
- Discuss the challenges and promising practices from the national level;
- Get feedback & debate on access to social protection and guaranteed minimum income with the European Commission, European Parliament, Council & Civil Society partners;
- Give special attention to the financing and concept of Welfare states with input from the ILO and other Civil Society Organisations.
Key speakers invited:
- People experiencing poverty & EAPN members
- Joost Korte, Director General DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Jana Hainsworth, President of Social Platform and Eurochild General Secretary
- A representative of the EMIN project (European Minimum Income Network)
- MEP Maria João Rodrigues, Vice-President of the S&D Group and President of FEPS
- Jan Farzan, German Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- A representative from ILO
- Francine Mestrum, Founder of Global Social Justice
- Conny Reuter, Solidar General Secretary
Practical details & participation
The conference will be from 9:00-13:00 in the Crowne Plaza hotel, rue Gineste 3, 1210 Brussels.
Participants: Around 80 EAPN members, including people with direct experience of poverty, and around 60 external stakeholders participants.
For further information on content, contact Sian Jones (Policy Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org, or on registrations Rebecca Lee (Information & Events Officer), email@example.com | Tel. +32 2 226 58 50
See the full webpage about the event here.