- This event has passed.
The 2016 FEAD European Conference
June 2, 2016 - June 3, 2016
On June 2 and 3 EAPN will contribute to the Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived European Conference titled The FEAD Network: Sharing Knowledge, Finding Synergies to Break the Vicious Circle of Poverty and Deprivation to share the network’s experience in the field and disseminate the key findings of the latest publications.
The Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived (FEAD) supports EU countries’ actions to provide material assistance to the most deprived. This includes food, clothing and other essential items for personal use, e.g. shoes, soap and shampoo.
Material assistance needs to go hand in hand with social inclusion measures, such as guidance and support to help people out of poverty. National authorities may also support non-material assistance to the most deprived people, to help them integrate better into society.
EAPN’s Acting Director Fintan Farrell will speak at session F panel The way forward for the FEAD Network.
EAPN is part of the FEAD network and contributes to the project by performing following tasks:
- Structuring the themes and tools for exchange of experience, capacity building and networking in relation to the FEAD Fund and the establishment of the FEAD Platform
- Ensuring online presence of FEAD (web pages and electronic networking tools)
- Organising Network Events
- Collection of good practices
- Expert and logistic support
Click here to visit the FEAD website for more information and here to see the draft programme of the conference.