- This event has passed.
Youth Partnership Symposium ‘(Un)Equal Europe? Responses from the youth sector’
May 30, 2016 - June 2, 2016
The Symposium ‘(Un)Equal Europe? Responses from the youth sector’ will take place in Budapest to explore the range of social, geographic and economic inequalities that young people face in today’s Europe and develop solutions through a dialogue between practitioners, researchers and policy makers.
The event will also highlight some of the personal experiences of individuals who have encountered structural and contextual barriers to inclusion and discuss the impact of the most recent refugee migration fluxes on the youth sector.
The Objectives of the symposium are:
- To discuss and disseminate the knowledge on inequalities, participation and social exclusion concerning young people in Europe;
- To share good practice in youth work and youth policy relevant to the key questions of the Symposium;
- To identify challenges and research gaps, draw conclusions and formulate recommendations, as well as to propose models of youth policy and youth work interventions;
- To support knowledge-based youth policy and practice for fighting against inequalities through networking, dialogue, and peer learning;
- To connect youth, policy-makers, practitioners and researchers.
Mr. Fintan Farrell, Acting Director of EAPN Europe, will speak about youth poverty in Europe at the event, at which about 80 to 100 experts representing the various fields of policy, research and practice will participate.
For more information on the EU-CoE youth partnership, please see their website.