At its latest meeting in Athens on 10.11.2012, the group finalised the Communications Work Programme. See “main decisions and next steps” in “meetings and documents” section.
The EXCO Subgroup on Communications met for the 1st time on 20.04.2012, when the whole EXCO adopted EAPN’s communication strategy. (ici: Stratégie de communication en français).
Its members are:
- Peter Kelly, EAPN UK and member of the communications task force on drafting EAPN’s communications strategy
- Kamila Plowiec, EXCO member for EAPN Poland (and member of the current communications task force on drafting EAPN’s communications strategy)
- Michaela Moser, EXCO member for EAPN Austria (and member of the current communications task force on drafting EAPN’s communications strategy)
- Alexander Kraake, EXCO member for EAPN Germany
- Tess Murphy, EXCO member for EAPN Ireland
- Skirma Anna Kondratas, EXCO member for EAPN Lithuania
- Per Thomsen, EXCO member for Denmark
- Nellie Epinat, EAPN Secretariat communications officer,
The EXCO subgroup on Communications: what is it?
This subgroup is in charge of overseeing the implementation of the communications strategy, i.e. at internal and external levels, and make sure that it effectively supports the strategic plan.
Read more here on the role of the EXCO Subgroup on Communications
Meetings and documents
09.11.2012 – Work Programme
The Subgroup discussed and finalised the Communications Work Programme, proposed by the Communications Task Force that met in Oct 2012.
The full document was not presented to the EXCO (lack of time!) but asked the EXCO to read it and comment it before approving or rejecting it at the next EXCO meeting in March 2013.
To ease the reading of the communications work programme, a document “assignment of responsibilities” was produced for each group (EXCO, EXCO Subgroup, Secretariat, EUISG, members) to see clearly their specific input.
- Draft Communications Work Programme
- Division of tasks – Assignment of responsibilities
- Minutes of the meeting og the EXCO Subgroup on Communications
- Because there is no time allocated to present the work programme today and while work is on-going as well, it should be voted upon by next EXCO. So we propose that EXCO reads it and reports any question or comment to Nellie who will make the bridge with the EXCO Subgroup and the EXCO and EUISG.
- EXCO and EUIS Group are also specifically asked to reflect, discuss and liaise on objectives of the communications strategy 1.1, 1.3 and 2.1. These objectives are also listed on the document that lists all tasks.
- Several specific tasks for the EXCO subgroup and the subgroup will work on 2 of them for the next meeting: evaluation of external tools and how to organise a capacity-building session on working with social media and how to talk to the media.
20.04.2012 – 1st meeting of the Subgroup
The Subgroup on communications decided that
- the task force, meeting for the last time in Oct 2012, will finish off the work on the work programme, i.e. finalising actions and propose timeframe and responsibilities, present it in the Sept 2012 EXCO, after which they will finalise the work programme.
- The subgroup will follow up on the work carried out by the taskforce and will take ownership of EAPN’s communications work.
- Minutes of the meeting
- PPT presentation in 3 short parts: 1° Process of building EAPN’s communications strategy, 2° key points (methodology and tools) of the first draft of the work programme, 3° for the first meeting of the EXCO Subgroup on Communications, with Terms of Reference of the Subgroup
- 1st draft of the work programme (only actions, no timeline yet)
- At that meeting, the whole EXCO also adopted EAPN’s communication strategy.
- Stratégie de communication en français