EAPN’s report clearly demonstrates that:
- The social impact is getting worse, as Governments’ austerity measures make the poor pay and undermine a sustainable recovery.
- The social impact is being systematically under-assessed and ignored.
- NGOs are gravely weakened and their fundamental contribution to society is at stake.
- The crisis was not inevitable and was a result of deregulation and increasing inequality, not public sector spending.
- Another, fairer way is possible – towards prosperity for all.
- The EU must restore the core values of the European Project, and use Europe 2020 to drive an ambitious social and sustainable vision.