To ensure that the funds deliver on tackling poverty, it is crucial to enable access of those organisations engaged with the most excluded, and to provide tailored mechanisms.
Key tools to support NGOs in accessing structural funds, global grants (system allowing the provision of small-scale grants through an intermediary body) and training to NGOs (financed by technical assistance) are acknowledged in the structural funds regulations but provided by only a minority of Member States.
- EAPN briefing on facilitating NGOs’ access to structural funds (September 2007)
- Evaluation of ESF Objective 3 Global Grants Programme, UK Department for Work and Pensions
- Fast forward grants programme, delivered in the London Region
- Catalyst programme (East Midland)
- Programme run by the Luis Vives Foundation (Spain)
- EAPN Malta, structural funds training programme for NGOs active in social inclusion
- Activities of LVSTC (London Voluntary Sector Training Consortium, member of EAPN UK)