Created in 1991, EAPN Portugal forms today a decentralised structure which is implemented in 18 districts throughout the country and counts 703 members (478 social NGOs and 225 individuals).
This original decentralised form of network creates privileged space allowing civil society to take specific actions at local and community levels, promoting, among others, a culture of change in relation to the way problems are tackled trying to modify traditional approaches, the exchange of knowledge and experience, the creation of conditions to exercise the solidarity as well as the consolidation of participation of people experiencing poverty and social exclusion in the initiatives that are aimed at them.
EAPN Portugal activities
To generate and support a structured action and communication field is one of EAPN/Portugal central activities and probably the most relevant service that the Organization offers to its members.
EAPN Portugal publishes a wide range of publications, ranging from national and regional information newsletters on current social issues to studies, projects’ outcomes and researches.
EAPN Portugal as an entity recognised by the Institute for Quality in Training carries out training sessions based on the diagnosis of local, regional and national training needs and on the definition of goals.
EAPN Portugal is responsible for the outlining, development and evaluation of different national and transnational projects through which it seeks to deep the Organisation’s knowledge on poverty and social exclusion as well as the outlining of more effective strategies to tackle these phenomena.
You can download EAPN Portugal’s presentation brochure here.
Rede Europeia Anti-Pobreza/Portugal
Rua de Costa Cabral, 2368
4200-218 PORTO (Portugal)
Tel.: +351 22 542 08 00
Fax: +351 22 540 3250
E-mail: geral (@) eapn.pt
- Annual report 2020 (Summary in English)
- Annual report 2019 (Summary in English)
- Annual report 2018 (Summary in English)
- Annual report 2017 (Summary in English)
- Annual report 2016 (in Portuguese) – Summary in English
- Annual report 2015 (in Portuguese) – Summary in English
- Annual report 2014 (Summary in English)
- Annual report 2013 (in Portuguese) – Summary in English
- Annual report 2012 (in Portuguese)
- Annual report 2011 (in Portuguese)
- Annual report 2010 (in Portuguese)
- Annual report 2009 (in Portuguese)
- Annual report 2008 (in Portuguese)