EAPN Norway or the Welfare Alliance is a partnership network of organisations, associations and action groups whose aim is to support and help economically, socially and legally disadvantaged groups in Norway. It was founded on 6 March 1998.
Today the network consists of 27 member organisations with more than 50,000 members.
EAPN Norway’s member organisations are supporting job seekers, tenants, single parents, job creators, households with children in poverty, parents of people with disabilities, people receiving an allowance and/or in training, convicts, immigrants, ex-drug users, people with mental illness and their relatives, sexually abused etc.
Its role is to do lobbying work and coordinate contacts between our member organisations and politicians, the Government, different institutions, and to take part in working groups that support our member organisations’ interests, that is, promoting an increased participation of the users.
EAPN Norway’s main goal, which we have been lobbying for over the last 15 years, is to introduce a minimum income scheme in Norway, which would be rights-based and built on the standard budget for households, developed by the National Institute for Consumer Research.
A legal approach to participation on both a system and individual levels for our groups is the second highlighted area of EAPN Norway’s work.
N-0184 Oslo (Norway)
EAPN Norway’s members
- Prosjekt felles framtid PROFF, Sandefjord
- Frelsesarmeen – Salvation Army
- Stiftelsen Landsforeningen Rettferd for Taperne – National Charitable Assosiation for Justice for Losers
- Aleneforeldreforeningen – Single Parents Association
- Son StraffedesorganisasjoniNorge
- Total Rehab
- KirkensBymisjon – Church City Mission
- Blålys – Association for sexually abused
- Deffered man /Utsattmann – Men sexually abused in childhood
- Forening for Sosialt Arbeid er nasjonal komité for – International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW)
- ASI, Sør-Trøndelag
- BibiAmka – Woman wake up
- Leieboerforeningeni Oslo – Oslo Tenants Association (Oslo and Trondheim)
- Bikuben (An NGO founded by Mental Health, ADHD regions and LPP represented all over North Norway)
- SISA Alta
- ATROP Kristiandsand
- Team Five Volda
- Bergen UavhengigeSosialrådgivning – Bergen Social Need Action Group
- Den Uavhengige Sosialrådgivningen i Oslo – Oslo independent legal councelling group
- Den Uavhengige sosialrådgivningen i Stavanger – Stavanger independent legal councelling group
- Fattighuseti Oslo – Oslo Poor House
- Fattig talt Ørland/Bjugn
- Hjertelyst Kristiansand
- NAV brukerne på Karmøy
- Stiftelsen Selvhjelpenshus
- Your Future (Drammen)