It is unacceptable that over 120 million people are living in or at risk of poverty and social exclusion of in the European Union. We are committed to the eradication of poverty and aim to put the fight against poverty and social exclusion at the top of the political agenda of the EU.
We are working for a Social Europe free of poverty and social exclusion with access to economic, social and cultural rights for all.
To achieve this we seek:
- a fair distribution of wealth,
- accessible quality employment,
- high levels of social protection,
- the combat of discrimination,
- and the meaningful participation -through the organisations in which they participate- of people experiencing poverty and social exclusion.
We believe that poverty and social exclusion:
- are a denial of fundamental human rights and thus a failure to respect and protect human dignity,
- arise from complex and multidimensional processes that cannot be dealt with in isolation or on the margins.
- in the possibility to achieve a better sharing of wealth, opportunities and resources;
- in gender equality;
- in respect for cultural and religious diversity and non-discrimination on the grounds of sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or social origin;
- in the organisation of our work in a democratic and transparent way;
- that people have the right to influence and participate in the decisions that affect them and to have their views and experiences listened to and acted on;
- in seeking to work in partnership with other actors sharing a common vision including actors within; state authorities, public sector bodies, European Union Institutions and with trade unions and employers and with other NGOs;
- in the independence of Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs).