EAPN Ireland is preparing the Social Inclusion Forum 2014 to be held on 1st April 2014. The network is also organising workshops in each constituency for anti-poverty groups,where all candidates are invited to take part.
• Social Inclusion Forum, 2014 and CWC/EAPN Ireland preparatory workshops
The Social inclusion Forum is on 1 April this year in Croke Park. This is the main opportunity for anti-poverty groups and people affected by poverty to meet decision-makers to discuss all aspects of policy as it impact. The SIF 2014 themes are:
- Local Government Reform – role of community development, anti-poverty & social inclusion work at local level
- Roma Integration Strategy
- Healthy Ireland Strategy – How poverty impacts on health and/or mental health & a focus on Traveller health
To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• European Parliament Elections, 23 May 2014 and EAPN Ireland workshops
From 29 April till 02 May, EAPN Ireland is organising workshops in each constituency for anti-poverty groups. These workshops , with the co-operation of the European Parliament Office in Ireland,will include an introduction to the workings of the EU, the role of the European Parliament and European social policy in the morning. In the afternoon, all candidates are invited to take part in a discussion with participants.
Read more on EAPN Ireland Flash newsletter: http://www.eapn.ie/eapn/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/EAPN-Ireland-Flash-February-2014.pdf