EAPN’s participation in 2014 Annual Convention of the European platform against poverty and social exclusion
- EAPN’s 3 key messages to the Annual Convention of the European platform against poverty and social exclusion
- 10 Key Messages from the 13th European Meeting of People experiencing Poverty # 2014PEP
EAPN SPEAKING IN 3 WORKSHOPS
GOVERNANCE – Douhomir Minev, (EAPN Bulgaria and Semester Alliance Bulgarian national pilot) and Barbara Helfferich, Director of EAPN, as Chair of the Semester Alliance.
- Open here the Semester Alliance key messages to the Annual Convention. See related post on Semester Alliance website.
INTEGRATED SERVICES AND BENEFITS – Peter Kelly (EAPN UK/Scotland)
- Open his presentation What integrated services mean for the fight against poverty here.
ENERGY POVERTY – Maria Jeliazkova (EAPN Bulgaria) and Aurelie Ciuti, Rwade. (proposed by BAPN (EAPN Belgium), with Barbara Helfferich, Director of EAPN, chairing.
- Presentations on this workshop:
- Maria Jeliaskova, EAPN Bulgaria onthe Three Pillar Approach on Energy Poverty
- Julien Dijol, Policy Coordinator at Housing Europe, on Energy Poverty from the Social Housing perspective
- Eero Ailio, European Commission DG Energy Deputy Head of Unit, on Energy Poverty and Vulnerable Consumers
- Aurile Ciuti, Réseau Wallon pour l’Accèss durable a l’Énergie, on Right to Sustainable Energy for All
- Hernández Bataller, European Economic and Social Committee, on Prevent and Combat Energy Poverty
- Samuel Thomas, International Energy Agency Senior Energy Efficiency Analyst on Fuel Poverty
- Davide Lanzilloti, Policy Officer International Union of Tenants, Energy-efficient renovation: A poverty trap for tenants?
- Read here key messages from the Energy Poverty workshop.
EAPN ALSO SPEAKING AND/OR CO-ORGANIZING 4 SIDE EVENTS
ACTIVE INCLUSION OF ROMA – Organized by Eurodiaconia, Eurocities, Erio and Ergo with Paul Ginnell speaking (EAPN Ireland), presenting EAPN’s 10 arguments for active inclusion.
- Open here presentation by Paul Ginnell, EAPN Ireland Arguments for inclusion
EXTREME POVERTY AND POOR MENTAL HEALTH – co-organized by SMES, with EAPN, Feantsa, Caritas Europa, Picum.
SECURING ADEQUATE INCOME THROUGHOUT THE LIFE CYCLE – for a dignified life – focusing on minimum income/social protection and living wage/decent work (Workshop co-organized by EWL, ENW, EAPN, AGE and Solidar with Fintan Farrell, EAPN and coordinator of the European Minimum Income Network (EMIN) speaking and Nicos Satsias from Cyprus/EMIN.
Open here the key messages from the side event, by EWL, ENW, EAPN, AGE and Solidar on Ensuring an adequate income through the life cycle – Ensuring an adequate income through the life cycle.
INVESTING IN CHILDREN – organized by the EU Alliance Investing in Children, of which EAPN is a member, with Kart Mere (EAPN Estonia).
Extra links – European Commission
Open the event’s page on the European Commission’s website to see the full programme, aim of the event and other key information.
The proceedings of the 4th Annual Convention of the Platform against Poverty and Social Exclusion are available on the Convention website in the section ‘Related Documents’.
The two videos can be viewed on this link : http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=671&langId=en