- This event has passed.
15th EU Meeting of People Experiencing Poverty – Empowerment through Participation!
November 15, 2016 @ 9:00 am - November 16, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
Empowerment through Participation – one of the challenges for the European Pillar of Social Rights!
The 15th European Meeting of People Experiencing Poverty is organised by the European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) with the support of the EU Commission, the Slovakian Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the EAPN Fund.
The twofold objective of this meeting is:
- To provide opportunities for people experiencing poverty to share experiences, gain acknowledgement and build solidarity.
- To arrange a consultation with people experiencing poverty on the European Pillar of Social Rights and the importance of Empowerment through Participation
WHO ARE THE MEETINGS FOR?
Invited National Delegations
- People experiencing poverty who are starting to connect to anti-poverty organisations
- Some previous delegates to help with continuity
- Rep of National and EU level Institutions (Political and Functionaries)
- Rep of NGOs, Social Partners, Academics and other relevant actors
General Public and Press
- Some elements of the meeting are open to the General Public. The meeting can be followed on website (https://voicesofpoverty-eu.net/) and twitter #2016PEP
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS! – Could you help the voice of people experiencing poverty be heard in Brussels?!
Volunteers for whispering interpretation are needed. Delegations of people experiencing poverty from 31 countries in Europe (EU countries + Norway, Iceland, Serbia and Macedonia/FYROM) have prepared to exchange with EU officials and contribute to the debate. For all to be able to fully contribute to the debates, whispering interpretation is organised. We are looking for volunteers to interpret from English to all other languages mentioned above, and also from these languages into English.
If you are able to help us out, even if only for part of the programme, please contact Magda Tancau, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please spread this message widely! Thank you!
JOIN OUR COLLECTIVE ACTION AND SING ALONG!
We want to end this year’s European Meeting of People experiencing Poverty with a Collective Action outside the Berlaymont Building at Schuman (between 12.45 and 13.30 on Wednesday the 16th of November). We really want you to help with this action by joining us on the day and being part of our large choir to sing the song Blowin’ in the Wind as the delegations deliver their message.
Feel free to practice while in the shower or to get a group of friends together to practice and then join us on the day. Please see the lyrics and sheet here: http://sheetdownload.com/Bob-Dylan/Blowin-In-The-Wind/8925
If you are already part of a choir perhaps you can encourage members of the choir to join in! For those who can join we will have a rehearsal from 18.00 to 19.30 on Monday the 14th of November in Les Ateliers des Tanneurs, Rue des Tanneurs 58-62, 1000 Brussels (near South Station).