- This event has passed.
EAPN Annual Policy Conference 2021 | Building Back Better without Poverty!
June 29, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
On 29 June, the annual EAPN Policy Conference will take place. This time around we will have a timely discussion of the further impacts of a continuing COVID-19 pandemic on poverty, but also look at how the green and digital transitions of the EU will impact people at risk of social and economic exclusion in Europe.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Generate a high-level political debate on the ongoing impact of the pandemic on the most vulnerable and poor and how to advance social rights and the creation of a cohesive and inclusive society for all
- Update the situation of poverty according to the different profiles of people in poverty affected by the pandemic (hearing from experts on Child and Elderly Poverty, Gender Inequality, undocumented migrants, and the Homeless)
- Discuss the European Pillar of Social Rights Action Plan (EPSR AP)
- Debate a possible new overarching Europe 2030 strategy against poverty, linking the Green Deal, Digital Europe and the EPSR AP in order to ensure an equal commitment to realise green, digital and social targets
- Evaluate the EPSR Action Plan’s goal of reducing the number of people experiencing poverty and social exclusion by at least 15 million.
The event will be formed of two panels, with Katarina Ivanković Knežević, Director of Social Affairs in the European Commission providing a keynote speech.
The full agenda can be viewed here.
The complete list of confirmed speakers can be found here:
- Katarina Ivanković Knežević, Director of Social Affairs, DG EMPL, European Commission
- Annoula Magga, Vice-President of EAPN Greece, Person experiencing poverty
- Jiri Svarc, Head of Unit for Social Investment Strategy DG EMPL, European Commission
- Maciej Kucharczyk, General Secretary, AGE Platform Europe
- Freek Spinnewijn, Director, Feantsa
- Ally Dunhill, Head of Advocacy, Eurochild
- Michele Levoy, Secretary General, PICUM
- Mary Collins, Senior Policy and Advocacy Coordinator, European Womens Lobby
- Dennis Radtke MEP
- Cveto Ursic, State Secretary for Social Affairs at the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, Slovenia
- Olivier De Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights
- Marisa Matias MEP
- Federico Lucidi, Deputy Head of Unit for Employment and Social Aspects of the European Semester, DG EMPL, European Commission
- Graciela Malgesini, EAPN EU Inclusion Strategies Group co-Chair/EAPN Spain
You can sign up for the event here.
- 9:00 – 13:00 (Brussels time)
- Zoom online conference
- English, Spanish, Greek and French languages!!
Follow the conversation on Twitter @EAPNEurope