On 22 March, EAPN Portugal and EAPN Europe will hold an online conference “Action Plan for the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights”. It will be opened by the Minister of State for the Portuguese Presidency of the EU, Mariana Vieira da Silva, and the President of EAPN Portugal, Padre Jardim Moreira, and José Antonio Vieira da Silva , Advisor to the Presidency will give a keynote speech. Ana Mendes Godinho, Ministry of Labour, Solidarity & Social Protection, will close the afternoon session. See other key speakers below.
There will be two round tables, the first in the morning on the Action Plan for the Implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights, the second in the afternoon on Adequate Minimum Income.
On 4 March 2021, the European Commission issued its Action Plan, and EAPN issued a first reaction on 5 March. We are working on a more comprehensive analysis, building on the EAPN Response to the EC Consultation on the EPSR AP (June 2020).
The event seeks answers to the following questions: How can we best use the Action Plan to reduce poverty and social exclusion and to improve the access to and quality of public services for all? How can we ensure that everybody has access to adequate and enabling minimum income schemes? And how can we best give a role and voice to people experiencing poverty?
It will cater for interpretation in English, Portuguese and French and will be livestreamed on the EAPN Portugal Facebook page.
Access the agenda and background information here.
Key speakers in morning round table on the Action Plan’s meaning for citizens’ lives | chair: Sandra Monteiro, Le Monde Diplomatique:
- Katarina Ivankovic-Knezevic, Director, DG Employment, European Commission
- Edmundo Martinho, Coordinator of the Portuguese Strategy to combat Poverty
- Graciela Malgesini, EU and Advocacy Officer, EAPN Spain and Co-Chair of EAPN EU Inclusion Strategies Group
- Representative of Slovenian Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
- Vladimir Špidla, Former European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities and Advisor to EAPN Czech Republic
- Jeanne Dietrich, Housing Technical Councellor, UNIOPSS and EAPN France
- Valentina Vehovar, Acting-Director, Slovenian Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
Key speakers in afternoon round table on Adequate Minimum Income | chair: Sandra Araujo, EAPN Portugal:
- Mathias Maucher, EAPN Policy Officer
- Dr. Andreas Aust, Social policy Officer, Der Paritätische and EAPN Germany
- Cidalia Barriga, Representative of National Citizens Council, EAPN Portugal
- Linnéa Partanen, Person with experience of poverty representative, EAPN Finland
Practical Info and registration:
- 22 March 2021, 10:00-13:30 CET; 15:00-17:00 CET
- Interpretation in EN, PT, FR
- Livestreaming on Facebook page of EAPN Portugal
- Registration link.
Follow the conversation on Twitter @EAPNEurope
This event is supported by the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014-2020). The information contained does not necessarily reflect the position or opinion of the European Commission. For further information please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi.