21/02/2014 – The Macedonian Anti-Poverty Platform (MAPP) has created and started implementing a youth policy through a multi sectoral approach. In order to meet youth needs and interests, MAPP’s goal is to promote youth organizing, establishing measures and recommendations associated with young people and their activities, strengthening their participation in the public life and informing them.
Reflecting on its work and analyzing the situation in Macedonia, the MAPP has detected the following key issues related to youth marginalization:
Intergenerational poverty transfer, economical marginalization leading to social exclusion, established division on political grounds in the educational system and local youth councils, and underdeveloped system that would offer minimal measures to stimulate youth employability.
Apart from these key problems, MAPP will undertake to provide equal opportunities of young people in the labour market and to decrease their unemployment by introducing the Youth Guarantee in the Republic of Macedonia.
Strategic aims and General goals of MAPP’s Youth Programme:
- Fostering social inclusion and employability of young marginalized people in Macedonia
- Developing a Youth Guarantee scheme
- Establishing greater social inclusion of marginalized groups of young people in society and improving the conditions of employment
- Raising awareness among the general and professional public on issues related to poverty and social exclusion among young people
- Involving young people in decision-making process at local and national level
- Eradication of Intergenerational transfer of poverty.
For further information, please contact:
Macedonian Anti-Poverty Platform
General Secretariat of MAPP | Association Humanost bul:Jane Sandanski 3A | 1000 Skopje | Macedonia
tel/fax: + 389 2 2455 277 | mob: + 389 77 963 672+ 389 77 963 672 | + 389 77 963 672+ 389 77 963 672