This Task Force comes under both Objective 1.2 and Objective 2.2 of the EAPN Strategic Plan.
– Objective 1.1: EAPN will work to ensure that the Europe 2020 strategy, the Platform against Poverty and the Social Inclusion strategy (Social OMC) deliver progress to effectively mainstream social concerns and to reduce poverty and inequality.
– Objective 1.2: EAPN will work to support its members to effectively engage in public debates and national and European policy making, on poverty, social exclusion and inequality.
– Objective 1.3: EAPN will seek to engage and contribute to alliances for an alternative model of social and sustainable development that puts people and planet first.
– Objective 2.2: EAPN will provide opportunities for mutual exchange between its members to ensure a transfer of knowledge, experience and learning on practices and policies in the fight against poverty, social exclusion and inequalities.
The objective of this Task Force is to increase knowledge/understanding base of EAPN members on the existing forms of social innovation policy and practices, as well as the opportunities and risks they involve, in order to enable them to 1) engage pro-actively in debate on social innovation; 2) apply more effectively for social innovation, funding and develop innovative practices in their social inclusion services, and 3) advocate for a better institutional and policy framework, which will be more favorable for the promotion of better as well as innovative services, that better suit the needs of a variety of groups at risk of poverty and exclusion.
Support and contact in the EAPN Secretariat: Amana Ferro.
For a full description of the Task Force, please click here.
Duration: April-December 2015. Presentation of results to the EU ISG: March 2016. Launch of good practices booklet in the European Parliament, 3 March 2016
I. First meeting, 12 May 2015:
II. Second meeting, 8 September 2015:
III. Third meeting, 3 December 2015:
IV. Background Documents
- Draft Social Innovation Briefing & Checklist
- Social Innovation Good Practice – mapping template
- Presentation of the Task Force to the EUISG, 10 October 2015