In this paper, we provide a summary of the EAPN assessment of the Europe 2020 Strategy 2000-14 and expand on five core priorities starting from 2015. The paper has been drafted with the EAPN EU Inclusion Strategies group, including input from the Executive Committee and the General Assembly held in June 2014. It has been sent to key actors in the summer but was formally launched on 3 October 2014 at EAPN’s Annual Conference, How will the Europe 2020 Mid-Term Review reduce poverty & inequality? The paper will provide the basis for EAPN’s response to the public consultation.
5 KEY PRIORITIES FOR CHANGE
1. BUILDING A COHERENT ECONOMIC/SOCIAL STRATEGY AND GOVERNANCE MODEL
2. ESTABLISHING CREDIBLE POVERTY AND SOCIAL TARGETS
3. PRIORITISING AN EU INTEGRATED STRATEGY TO FIGHT POVERTY AND SHORT-TERM MARSHALL-TYPE INVESTMENT PLAN
4. ESTABLISHING DEMOCRATIC AND ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNANCE
5. USING EU MONEY FOR POVERTY