Questionnaires on Participation of People Experiencing Poverty in National Networks
- Do you have a strategy of making the work in the national network participatory or have you started to develop one? How does it evolve?
- Do you have a clear definition of participation? If yes, what is it?
- Describe examples of developing the participation approach in your national network and members (can be methods, tools, pocy, lobby action, training, or other) which are not a one-time project.
These are the questions that formed the basis of the first round of information gathering about the way National Networks approach the question of participation. The responses are sted below, with EAPN France, Wallonnia and Portugal in French and the other ones in Engsh.
- EAPN Austria building a methodology of their own
- EAPN Belgium Flanders including
- the Flemish Decree on the Fight Against Poverty and
- the Experience Expert Training
- EAPN Belgium Wallonia Citizen’s Intelgence Method
- EAPN France’s actions on participationand the Regards Croises project
- EAPN Hungary’s Coordination Committee and Participatory Pocy Monitoring
- EAPN Italy building a circle of friends
- EAPN Netherlands and its work on Local Poverty Conferences
- EAPN Portugal developing a programme on participation in Small Experiences – Great Expectations
- EAPN Spain and its Methodological guide of fostering participation
- Eurochild has also shared their experiences of strengthening children’s participation
Additional useful nks on participation
- FEANTSA’s participation page, including studies of practices and toolkits of developing participation
- Mainstreaming Social Inclusion, project website ;coordinated by the Combat Poverty Agency in Ireland in which several EAPN members and EAPN Europe were involved, including a chapter on benefits of involving people in pocy making
- The NAPs Inclusion Forum in Ireland – Social OMC peer review on participation and governance of the OMC process in several EU member states
CIARIS section on participation methodologies – web resources of ILO, partner in Bridges for Inclusion a project coordinated by EAPN Portugal and where other members are involved