The General Workers’ Union and the Anti-Poverty Forum have joined forces to promote a petition launched by the European Public Service Union, which the GWU forms part of, calling on the EU to put water as a human right on its agenda.
Commenting on Iain Duncan Smith’s speech during his visit to Scotland Peter Kelly, Director of the Poverty Alliance, said: “As we expected, the future of our welfare system will be a central element of the debate about Scotland’s constitutional future.
FNARS (Member of EAPN France) : Survey on the French minimum income scheme RSA: re-thinking minimum income
For the 3rd year in a row, FNARS has carried out a survey on the French minimum income scheme RSA with social workers in its network. The survey’s report highlights the difficulties of the RSA to reach the social inclusion objectives set.
Read EAPN Spain’s position on the topic and article on this position published in El Publico, one of the main Spanish newspapers: The EU plan to fight poverty only allocates 0,28 € per day to homeless people. See the Final Declaration of the 9th General Assembly of EAPN Spain also.
Right after the German government has just published its “4rd Report on Poverty and Social Exclusion”, EAPN Germany issues its own shadow report on poverty and social exclusion in cooperation with a street magazine distributed by homeless people.
- 31/10: big mobilization against austerity measures
- The 3 Gs Seminar: Women and Poverty
- Citizenship and Active Participation
- First coordination meeting of the GRUNDTVIG Learning Partnership “Increasing Citizenship and Participation in Europe”
- EAPN Portugal: a full agenda of activities from 10 to 27 Oct! and the IVth Meeting of People experiencing poverty on employability this year
- EAPN Spain and the Alliance against Poverty: Cuts generate poverty – Stand against it!
- EAPN Luxembourg: a large event on 17 October, Fighting the violence and poverty and committing for peace
- BAPN (EAPN Belgium): 30/09 demonstration “Prosperity is a right for all – Stop poverty and inequalities!”
- Dynamo International, along with BAPN (EAPN Belgium) and RWLP (EAPN Wallonia): Conference and debate on 16/10 in the European Parliament on Roma populations in Europe
- EAPN Germany: report on poverty and press conference at Bahnof Zoo
09/07/2012 – EAPN Ireland and the Europe 2020 Working Group made a submission to the Troika (European Commission, European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund) delegation during its quartely review of Ireland’s Programme of financial assistance.
13/09/2012 – The Life-size Snakes and Ladders Climbing out of Poverty Game has now been converted to a computer game: http://www.climbingoutofpoverty.co.uk/.
Poverty Alliance (EAPN Scotland, member of EAPN UK): Social Justice Must be Central to Constitutional Debate
30/08/2012 – Whether you are for or against change in